What is the Endpoint Overview
The Endpoint Overview is a visualization tool accessible from the Tenant Section through the button next to tenant name and the utility is provided under the url
The Endpoint Overview provides the user with a graphical cross-project overview of the configuration of all the selected tenant's projects. The graphical overview has a particular focus on the security configuration of the projects' endpoints.
Endpoint Overview collects data on the project configuration and creates a table presenting information on all the endpoints, where each row shows:
- Project: Project name.
- Project owner: Project owner name.
- Endpoint/API: Endpoint name.
- Show in API Portal: A label that shows if the endpoint appears in the API portal.
- Proxied By: A label that shows if the endpoint is proxied by another endpoint.
- API Key: A label that shows if the endpoint is protected by an API-key.
- Public: A label that shows if the endpoint is public (the API is accessible even if the user is not logged in).
- User Group Permission: A label that shows if the endpoint is protected by a group expression and the concerning expressions.
- Decorator PRE: A label that shows if a PRE decorator is configured for the endpoint and the concerning decorators.
An example is in the following picture.
Through this tool, the government entity of the tenant can have a graphical overview of the global configuration and the security of all the projects and endpoints.
Graphical features representation
The user can consult endpoints' status, represented by a dot and a configuration label. The meaning of the dot depends on its colour:
- Red: the absence of a security feature in the corresponding column.
- Green: the presence of a security feature in the corresponding column.
- Grey: the presence of a feature that does not directly influence the security of the endpoint.
- Orange: the absence of a feature that does not directly influence the security of the endpoint.
The User Group Permission column also displays the group expressions as labels, each label represents the expression string provided in the endpoint configuration. In this case the label "true" means that there is no check over the group expression and therefore the endpoint is not protected, conversely the label "false" means that it is not possible to access the endpoint. A custom group expression is shown as label with a grey dot.
The Decorator PRE column also specifies the type of decorators as labels.
The Endpoint Overview output can be sorted by each one of the features by clicking on the attributes presented in the first table row.
The Endpoint Overview results can be filtered by the project names and the attributes within the columns using the drop-down menus. By doing so, only the Endpoints Overview's rows satisfying the chosen filters will be shown.
In the following example, the Endpoint Overview result is filtered to display only the endpoints into Tenant Overview Test project having both PRE Decorator and Authentication set to false and User Group Permission features set to true which are Proxied By the proxy Cross Project Test.